1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
DynDNS: accessing a Sunrise Internet Box with a dynamic DNS
This guide explains how to access a Sunrise Internet Box connected to the Internet with a dynamic IP via a domain name. It is for information purposes only and we suggest you contact Sunrise support for any questions regarding your Internet Box.
- Have an Internet box that allows you to configure a custom dynamic DNS provider.
- A dynamic DNS must have be created for the domain concerned. Follow this guide if needed.
Linking a Sunrise Internet Box to a domain name
- Log in to the Sunrise Box administration interface (http://192.168.1.1).
- Enable the Expert Mode (button at the top right).
- Go to DynDNS (at the top left).
- Click the DynDNS tab
- Enable the Dynamic DNS client:
- Provider: Custom
- Enable the custom server:
- Server: infomaniak.com
- Port: 443
- Request (copy/paste as is): https://infomaniak.com/nic/update?hostname=[DOMAIN]&myip=[IP]&username=[USERNAME]&password=[PASSWORD]
- Update interval (seconds): 300
- Retry interval (seconds): 30
- Max. retries: 3
Find out more
- Creating a dynamic DNS for a domain managed by Infomaniak
- Manually configuring a dynamic DNS via the API
- Transferring a domain to Infomaniak
- Find out more about DynDNS