1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
How to enable Fast Anycast DNS on a website
Fast Anycast DNS replicates the DNS records of your domain worldwide and speeds up access to your site by an average of 34%. The option can be enabled with just 1 click and requires no modification of your code.
What is Fast Anycast DNS?
Thanks to Fast Anycast DNS, the DNS records of your domain are replicated in over 20 points of presence around the world. Wherever your visitors are located, they will be redirected to their nearest DNS server, which accelerates access to your site by 34% on average (DNS resolution). Moreover, if one of your DNS servers becomes unavailable, the nearest server naturally takes over and your visitors can continue to access your site.
In short, Fast Anycast DNS reduces the latency and increases the availability of your websites with no need to make the slightest modification of your code.
- All you need is a domain name managed by Infomaniak. If necessary, it is easy to transfer the management of your domain to Infomaniak: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/1814/domain-name-transferring-to-infomaniak
- Fast Anycast DNS is compatible with all internet sites, independently of your web host.
- DNS replication of your domain is automatic and no modification of your code is required.
Enabling Fast Anycast DNS
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Domain name
- click on the domain name concerned
- enable Fast Anycast DNS from the dashboard