1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Migrating a hosting from one Cloud Server to another
This guide explains how to migrate a hosting (and all the sites it contains) from one Cloud Server to another (which must be contained in the same client account). You can also follow these instructions if you already have a Cloud Server and you want to migrate to the latest generation Cloud Server.
Step 1: ordering a managed Cloud Server
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- click on All our products
- select a Managed Cloud Server and follow the wizard to complete the order
Step 2: migrating hostings to the new server
Once the new Cloud Server is operational:
- open the Manager (https://manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Web Hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name concerned
- click on the Manage button
- click Move to another server on the menu that displays
- select the desired destination server
- click on Confirm
The sites of this hosting will be unavailable during the data migration.
This process can take several minutes, depending on the number of files to be transferred to the new Cloud Server.
Crons via SSH are not migrated.
Step 3: adapting the DNS zone for your domains
If your domain names are not managed by Infomaniak or are not in the same client account as the Cloud Server, it will be necessary to change the A Record for the domains concerned: hhttps://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/2023/finddisplay-dns-the-a-record-and-the-mx-record
Caution: Since changing the DNS zone for a domain can take up to 48 hours, we recommend you do not cancel the old Cloud Server before this is completed.
In theory, no other action on your part is required. If necessary, our support team is here to help you.