1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Continuing to send a blocked newsletter
This guide explains why a newsletter might be blocked from being sent and how to continue sending a blocked newsletter.
Why block a newsletter from being sent?
Please be aware of the following steps:
- A newsletter is blocked from being sent if too many of the recipient email addresses are invalid
- A newsletter may be blocked if the SPAM rate is too high
- After a newsletter has been blocked, you must contact our support team to be able to send the blocked message
In order to avoid this situation:
- use only contact lists you have made up yourself
- make up your contact lists with double opt-in forms (to find out more)
- remove contacts you have not written to for over 6 months. Seldom-used contact lists also risk containing obsolete email addresses
- if needed, automatically clean your subscriber list with services such as neverbounce, bounceless or quickemailverification
Completing the sending of a blocked newsletter
After you have contacted our support team to unblock the sending:
- open the newsletter tool (https://newsletter.infomaniak.com)
- go to Newsletters
- click on the newsletter which has been blocked from being sent
- go to the last step Validation & Sending
- click on Send the newsletter. The newsletter will automatically be sent to the contacts which have not yet received it