1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Edit the DNS zone in expert mode
This guide explains how to add, modify or delete specific entries (A records, MX records, DKIM, CNAME, SRV, etc.) within a domain name DNS zone in expert mode.
DNS zone: access expert mode
To access the advanced management of the DNS zone for a domain name managed by Infomaniak:
- Open the Manager (https://manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Domain
- If necessary, click on the domain name to be modified
- Click on DNS zone in the left-hand side menu
- Click the Expert mode tab
The syntax is accepted in BIND format (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_file)
Important: changes to the DNS zone can take up to 48 hours.
Restore a DNS zone
Thanks to Expert mode, you can use versioning in order to recover a previous version of your domain name DNS zone and thus restore it as it was at a particular time:
- Once in the Expert mode tab (see above), click on Current version to enable you to scroll through the menu containing earlier dates:
- Click on the desired date in order to preview the changes
- To return to the selected version, click on Save to the right
Restoring is also possible for the delegated sub-domains, which are accessible to the right of the versioning.