1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Modify the configuration of a managed Cloud Server
This guide explains how to modify your current Managed Cloud Server offer.
Changing Resources and Configuration
The basic Managed Cloud Server plan contains 5 hostings and 20 websites.
To add an additional hosting or modify the server's configuration to increase CPU/RAM:
- Log in to the Infomaniak Manager (manager.infomaniak.com) from a web browser like Brave or Firefox
- Click on the icon at the top right of the interface (or navigate through the left side menu, for example)
- Choose Cloud Server (universe Web & Domain)
- Click directly on the name of the relevant object in the displayed table
- Click on the Manage button and then Modify Offer
- Make the desired adjustments and complete the procedure
To reduce the disk space of the entire Cloud Server:
- Order a new server with the desired new storage (contact support to order the new server for free while performing the steps below)
- Move the hostings from the old server to the new one
- Terminate the old server
Also read modifying hosting disk space.
Increasing the Process Limit
Under Linux, the number of processes a user or system can create simultaneously is limited. These limits help prevent too-fast processes from consuming excessive resources and affecting the overall system's stability. Process limits are managed by the Linux kernel and can be viewed and modified using specific commands and configuration files. You can request an increase in limits by contacting support.