1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Spam in Wordpress
When Wordpress is not sufficiently protected or monitored, spambots may take advantage and use the blog article comments system to post thousands of messages (needless to say, with links to their shady activities).
This has a negative impact on your blog (nobody will leave a serious comment) as well as the server itself, overloading it and impacting other sites in the same environment.
Possible means of combating spam on WordPress
- Restrict comments to registered users only
- Install an effective Captcha system (e.g. via a plugin)
- Add an anti-spam plugin: Askimet / Anti-spam Bee / SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam etc.
- Set up the solution offered by the Wordpress codex
- Find out more via a Google search