1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Website which doesn't display, impossible to access the hosting
When you are on the Internet and you enter the address for your website in the address bar (careful, this does not mean the Google bar), if you can't access your site (error 404 or the page remains blank for instance), this doesn't mean there is a problem with the hosting provider.
Actions to be carried out
On your side, we suggest that you:
- check your internet connection: visit a website such as http://www.ch.ch or http://www.microsoft.com. If you cannot see these pages using your browser, you then need to contact your Internet Service Provider as the problem is related to your Internet connection.
- clear your browser's cache. This will let you refresh the page that doen't seem to want to load and you may afterwards be able to see it .Find out more
- check if your website is visible to other people. To do so, ask a friend outside your network to test the access to your site via the Internet, or use the following site: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com. It will tell you in English if the website is down (out of order) just for you or for everyone.
- use a proxy to connect to your website from somewhere else on earth. Find out more
- check that the domain name hasn't expired. Make sure you differentiate between the domain name and the hosting as these two are often quite distinct from one another. To sum up, you can have a fully functional hosting with Infomaniak (to check this, log in to your Manager) and a domain name which may have expired (due to the invoice not being paid for instance). Check the status of your domain name by carrying out a whois search and get in contact with your domain name's registrar if necessary.
- consult the configuration file for your script/CMS if you have one in order to check the login information (base name and address - user name and password). Find out more
If a problem persists...
You need to contact us in writing with the following information:
- site name we are hosting
- your IP address at the time of the tests (you can view this here http://www.infomaniak.ch/ip)