1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Creating a subdomain (old format hosting)
The address http://forum.domain.xyz (be careful not to add the www) will be a "shortcut" to the default domain http://www.domain.xyz/forum. This is called a local subdomain. There will therefore be a specific page for this subdomain, different from the main home page of your web site.
You can create, free of charge, subdomains for your website, such as gallery.domain.xyz or news.domain.xyz for example.
Creating a subdomain
- Log into the Manager
- Under DNS go to -> Local subdomain
- Create the required subdomain (e.g. news) Log into the file manager FTP Manager
- Create a new folder with the name of your subdomain (e.g. news)
- Into this, place a home page, your files, etc.
- From a browser, go to http://news.domaine.xyz to see your pages
Any subdomains that you have created for your hosting space will also be usable with your potential synonym domain names.
Activation of your subdomain may take up to 24 hours depending on your ISP.