1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Back up WordPress with Swiss Backup
This guide explains how to use Swiss Backup to back up WordPress data through an S3-Compatible connection if the backups provided by Infomaniak do not meet your availability or security needs, or if your site is hosted elsewhere.
Swiss Backup is a backup solution that automates the backup of your files, workstations, mobile devices, and servers. Your data is stored in Switzerland at Infomaniak's data centers in at least three different physical locations, ensuring you won't lose anything.
- Add a device of type Free Location S3 to Swiss Backup before configuring the backup
Install and Configure the UpdraftPlus Plugin
These details are provided for reference; services offered by Infomaniak work with most common external solutions. We do not provide support for using these external solutions. Please contact the external service provider or one of our partners if you encounter any issues. Learn more:
- Add the UpdraftPlus WordPress plugin, which allows you to back up WordPress data to an S3-Compatible location.
- Click on Settings and then UpdraftPlus Backups:
- Click on Settings and then S3-Compatible (Generic):
- Further down, fill in the required information using the details obtained when adding your device to Swiss Backup:
- Here are the types of information you need to have and specify in the different fields to establish the connection:
You can then schedule your backups at regular intervals.
Manually Download the Backup
You can retrieve your backups made with UpdraftPlus - S3 using a compatible S3 client, for example, Cyberduck.
Restore an UpdraftPlus Backup
We redirect you to the official guide in English.