1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Send messages from a different email address
This guide explains how to set up a send and reply address other than the email address used. This can be useful if you want to work with one of your mail aliases .
This will work with Mail, the Infomaniak Webmail, but also with certain software such as Thunderbird for example.
The email address used must be valid and you must have access to it. It can be an alias on an existing email address.
Setting the send address in Mail
To access options for send addresses:
- open Mail ( mail.infomaniak.com )
- click on the icon at the very top right, then choose the Mail Addresses tab
- under Action on my address , select the menu: Signatures
- click on Show advanced settings
The sending address allows you to define the address that will be mentioned as the sender in the inbox of your recipients. And the reply-to address allows you to receive e-mails at another address of your choice.
- click on the icon to the right of the email address
- enter the desired send or reply address
- click on the Verify button that appears
- validate the email using the link provided
- click the blue save button
Note for users of a free versionFrom your free Infomaniak e-mail, you only have the option of creating a signature without accessing the advanced settings. For a complete experience, unlock your Free Infomaniak E-mail!
Set sender address in Thunderbird
It is possible to configure Thunderbird with any existing email address even if it exists as an alias in your Mail Service . The sending will be done in the same way as with an address defined as the "main" email:
- create an alias :
- add an account in Thunderbird with the correct mail settings relative to the alias:
- Thunderbird informs you that the addition was successful:
- compose a new message, the "from" field is indeed the alias in question:
- when received, the message is well described as being sent from an address that you know is an alias: