1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Apple Mail (iOS): configure email (IMAP)
This guide explains how to connect the Apple Mail application (iOS 16.7) to an email address hosted with Infomaniak.
⚠️ Infomaniak email is compatible with any application that supports IMAP/SMTP, among others. For additional assistance, contact the support of the software you are using or a partner — also read the role of the host
- Create the email address within an Infomaniak Mail Service (or with the free ik.me offer)
- Test the email address's password (do not confuse it with the one used to log in to the Infomaniak interface)
- Check that the automatic diagnostics are correct within the Mail Service
Instead of manual configuration, we recommend using:
Manually Add Email Address to the Application
To configure the email application:
- Open the application.
- Click on Add Other Account
- Enter the information such as the email address to link and its password.
- Click Next
- The application may mention some fields as optional, but they are not optional at all.
- Check and complete any missing information
- Click Next
- That's it, your email address is now configured in the application.
Settings to Use
- IMAP/SMTP server name
- IMAP port
- SMTP port
full email address
email address password
- Required authentication (learn more)
If You Encounter a Problem
Do not contact Infomaniak Support if your email address works well outside the application. The most common error is the use of an incorrect password. Our troubleshooting guides can help you resolve any potential issues:
- Follow the solutions provided in this guide (click here) regarding email in general.
- Remove any Apple configuration profiles related to your Infomaniak email before attempting manual configuration again.
If your Apple Mail is no longer working for sending emails (SMTP server disconnected or missing, for example) or since changing your email password, please read this guide (click here).