1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Manage kDrive user rights
This guide explains how user rights work and how to modify a user's rights in kDrive.
How user rights work
When adding a user, two levels of access are available: full access and limited access.
- Full Access gives users the same rights as the Drive owner.
- Limited Access allows users to access folders in the root of the Drive and freely manage and share their content. However, users will not be able to access the administrative management of the product (manage users, view statistics, create or delete folders at the root of the drive, etc.).
- folders at the root of a kDrive are private by default,
- the content of the Common documents directory is visible to other kDrive users,
- content shared by other users from their private part of kDrive appears in the Shared folder,
- content shared by users external to your kDrive appears under External Shares
- any folder or file can be shared with other kDrive users and contacts of your choice. Find out more
Modifying a user's rights
- open kDrive (kdrive.infomaniak.com)
- in the left side menu, click on the action menu to the right of the name of your kDrive
- choose Manage users
- open the actions menu of the desired user and click on Edit rights
- choose the desired level of access
- click Validate