1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
kDrive: managing user rights
This guide explains how user rights work and how to change a user's rights in kDrive.
How user rights work
When adding a user, two levels of access are available: full access and limited access.
- Full access gives users the same rights as the owner of the Drive.
- Limited access allows users to access the root folders of the Drive and freely manage and share their content. However, they will not be able to access the administrative management of the product (manage users, view statistics, create or delete Drive root folders, etc.).
- the root files of a Drive are private by default,
- the content of the Common documents directory is visible to the other users of the kDrive,
- the content shared by other users of the kDrive appears in the Shared folder,
- the content shared by users external to your kDrive appears under External sharing
- any file or folder can be shared with other users of the kDrive or the contacts of your choice. Find out more
Editing user rights
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to kDrive
- Open the action menu for the required user and click Edit rights
- Select the desired access level
- Click Confirm
Find out more
- Sharing a file or folder with a user or contact
- Adding / blocking / removing a user
- Transferring the files of a deleted user to another user
- Getting started guide: kDrive