1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Swiss Backup: backing up a Linux server with Acronis
This guide gives instructions for backing up a server with the Linux distribution of your choice using Infomaniak's Swiss Backup solution.
1. Create the backup space
It is first necessary to create a backup space for a Linux server before you can configure the backup.
2. Download and install Acronis
The following instructions are provided for information only and have been tested with Debian 9.
The installation of the Acronis client on Linus requires a kernel version below 5
To find out your kernel version you can use: uname -r
- Download Backup_Agent_for_Linux_x86_64.bin
- Install the required dependencies:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install rpm gcc linux-image-$(uname -r) linux-headers-$(uname -r)
- Install Acronis:
Make the .bin file executable:
chmod +x Backup_Agent_for_Linux_x86_64.bin
- Follow the software installation instructions
- When the installation is finished, click on Show registration info
- Go to the acronis.infomaniak.com/bc/reg website and log in with your backup space credentials (help)
- Enter the code displayed in the Acronis installation software and click on Check the code
- Create a backup plan via the acronis.infomaniak.com website