1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
kSync: getting started guide for Android
This guide explains how the kSync app works and how to configure it to synchronize the contacts and calendars of your kMail (Infomaniak webmail) with your Android devices.
Do you have an iOS device (iPhone, iPad)? It's just as easy: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2039
- Download and install the kSync app from the Google Play Store.
- Log in to the app using the kMail/Infomaniak Manager login credentials.
- Authorise the kSync app to access your account.
- Select the contacts / calendars to synchronize.
- Launch synchronization using the button at the top right.
- If necessary and desired, disable battery optimisation to allow the synchronization to run in the background.
How the synchronization works
Once the kSync app is configured, the elements selected are automatically synchronized with the contacts and calendar apps installed by default on an Android device. The synchronization is bidirectional, which means that the changes made on your phone will be implemented in your kMail and vice-versa.
Other ways to access the application
The kSync application is also available on the F-droid website via this link: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.infomaniak.sync/
To install an .apk file on Android, it is necessary to enable installation of unknown sources.
Find out more
- Difference between the login credentials for the kMail Manager and an email account
- Two-factor authentication: generate a specific password for kSync
- Quickstart guide for kSync