1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Swiss Backup: backing up a Linux server with rClone
This guide explains how to back up a server equipped with the Linux distribution of your choice with Swiss Backup, the Swiss backup solution from Infomaniak.
1. Adding a "Linux/Windows Server" type device
It is first necessary to add a device for a Linux/Windows server type before being able to configure the backup.
2. Configuring backups with rClone
- install the rClone app via the package manager of your distribution
- download the rClone file received via email when the device was added
- place the file in the ~/.rclone.conf.config/rclone/ directory or place the contents of the file at the end of the existing ~/.rclone.conf.config/rclone/rclone.conf file (in debian stretch, this file is found in the following location: ~/.rclone.conf)
- execute the rclone config command to check that the configuration has gone through
- launch the backup using the rclone sync /local/path project_name:default command
If necessary, you can find the login information in your Manager.