1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Swiss Backup: backing up a Mac with Acronis
This guide explains how to back up a computer running macOS with Swiss Backup, the Swiss backup solution from Infomaniak
1. Creating the backup space
It’s first necessary to create a backup space for macOS before being able to configure the backup.
2. Configuring the backup for macOS with Acronis
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Swiss Backup
- click on the backup space concerned
- click on the space in question on the dashboard
- log in to the Acronis dashboard using the information under the Login Information heading:
- URL to access the Acronis dashboard
- Email address and user name
- Password (if reset, it will be sent to the user’s email address configured when the space was created)
- download and install the Acronis app for macOS from the Acronis dashboard
- At the end of the installation, click on Save the machine
- in the Internet window that opens, click on Confirm the recording without changing the registration code
- grant full disk access to the Backup Agent (see the video below in case of need)
- customizing backup preferences
The following video shows how to give full disk access to the Backup Agent :
The password required to unlock the padlock is that of your Mac (user account).