1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Swiss Backup: backing up a PC (Windows) with Acronis
This guide explains how to back up a computer running Windows with Infomaniak's Swiss Backup. You can also follow these instructions if you have installed Windows in a virtual machine with VMware, Virtuozzo or Microsoft Hyper-V.
1. Creating the backup space
It is first necessary to create a backup space for Windows before being able to configure the backup. If you have installed Windows in a virtual machine, it is necessary to create a specific backup space.
2. Configuring the backup for Windows with Acronis
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Swiss Backup
- click on the backup space concerned
- click on the space in question on the dashboard
- log in to the Acronis dashboard using the information under the Login Information heading:
- URL to access the Acronis dashboard
- Email address and user name
- Password (if reset, it will be emailed to the user configured when the space was created)
- download and install the Acronis app for Windows from the Acronis dashboard
- open the app and customize the backup preferences