1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Domain Privacy: WHOIS protection for your domains
With Domain Privacy, Infomaniak allows you to protect your personal information confidential (name, email address, postal address and telephone number) and to be effectively protected against SPAM
What is the WHOIS directory
The registrars accredited by ICANN are obliged to publish the details of the owner of a domain in the public WHOIS directory. This lists all registered domains and serves mainly to:
- check the availability of domain names
- check the abuse of trademarks li>
- contact the owner of a domain in the event of legal issues ul>
- You are protected against SPAM: marketing companies and people can not use your personal data.
- You remain the sole owner of your domain.
- It is still possible to contact you via a secure form which protects your identity. ul>
Domain Privacy keeps your confidentiality and protects you against SPAM
Certain clients are concerned about the confidentiality of their personal data and do not want to publicly display their email address, telephone number and postal address in the WHOIS directory.
Domain Privacy responds to this need for confidentiality. Thanks to this protection, WHOIS searches for your domain do not return your personal information, but the information of our partner Domain Privacy Trustee SA.
Enabling Domain Privacy on an existing domain
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Domain name
- click on the domain name concerned
- enable Domain Privacy from the control panel
Find out more
- Discover the domain extensions covered by Domain Privacy
- Check the availability of a domain name li>
- Transfer a domain to Infomaniak
- How much does a domain name cost?