1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Changing the SPF (Sender Policy Framework) record
SPF is a standard for verifying the domain name of the sender of an email and is aimed at reducing SPAM. By managing the DNS zone for your domains with Infomaniak, you have the option of changing the SPF record.
Accessing the DNS management of the domain in question
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Domain
- If necessary, click the domain concerned
- In the left side panel, click DNS Zone
Changing the SPF record
In the TXT fields for the DNS zone for the domain name concerned, you can use one of the two following SPF types:
- Standard SPF (added by default when creating an email pack): v=spf1 include:spf.infomaniak.ch ?all
- Strict SPF: v=spf1 include:spf.infomaniak.ch -all
In the first case, the recipient server will use its own rules to decide whether it accepts emails not coming from Infomaniak servers.
In the second case, all emails not coming from our servers will be rejected.
Find out more
- Manually edit the DNS zone for a domain managed with Infomaniak
- Include several domains in a TXT spf record