1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Migration of a hosting to a new version of MariaDB
This guide explains how to migrate a web or classic hosting in MySQL to MariaDB 10.4
MariaDB replaces MySQL !
- MariaDB has a larger connection pool supporting up to 200 000+ connections whereas MySQL has a smaller connection pool.
- Comparing the performances of MariaDB and MySQL, we note that replication is quicker in MariaDB and slower in MySQL.
- MariaDB is open source whereas MySQL uses a proprietary code in its new corporate edition.
- Comparing MariaDB and MySQL, MariaDB is quicker than MySQL.
Migrate a hosting to a new version of MySQL
Upgrading to a new version of MariaDB is irreversible and all the sites of your hosting subsequently operate with this version of MariaDB. We recommend that you check the compatibility of your scripts before continuing (find out more).
To migrate a web or classic hosting to a new version of MySQL:
- Connect to your Infomaniak space (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Web hosting
- Click on the hosting / domain name concerned
- In the left-hand side panel, click on Databases
- Click on the link Migrate to MariaDB 10.4