1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Email Service: add a linked domain
This guide explains how to have several domain names / designations for an existing email hosting.
For example, firstname.lastname@example.org is a long email address. The synonymous domain email@example.com is shorter and easier to remember. All messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (synonymous domain) will arrive among the messages received by the address email@example.com
Link an additional domain to an existing Email pack
- Connect to your Infomaniak space (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Email Service
- Click on the Email Service / domain name concerned
- In the left-hand side menu, click on Domains management, then select Domains linked to this service
- Click on the blue button in the top right corner :
- There are two ways of adding a synonymous domain:
- Use the Search for an existing domain function, which will display a list of domains in the Infomaniak account to which you are connected. This will automatically link and update the DNS zone of the domain added.
- Use the Add a domain or sub-domain name function; you will need to indicate the domain or sub-domain name to be added manually. If your domain name is managed by Infomaniak, you will have to select one of the following options: Update the DNS entries, Replace existing entries, Define as primary domain.
If it is not managed by Infomaniak, you will need to make the necessary changes with your registrar or transfer management of the domain name to Infomaniak: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1814
- Click on Link this domain
- You must be the owner of the domain you wish to link to an Email Service.
- The MX of the synonymous domain must point to mta-gw.infomaniak.ch (find out more).
The email addresses of the domain are automatically valid with all linked domains. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com are one and the same address. The address info@... Does not, therefore, need to be recreated for each domain. Consequently, if one of your correspondents writes an email to your address firstname.lastname@example.org, you will receive their mail at email@example.com
Find out more
- Email Service: startup guide
- Email Service: replace the primary domain
- Email Service: unlink a linked domain
- Email Service: DKIM support