1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Web hosting: replace a site’s domain name
This guide explains how to replace or modify the main domain name associated with a website.
Begin by adding an alias to your site: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1946
This alias will replace the current main domain name after the inversion you are going to perform.
If you use an SSL certificate, you will need to update it to include the aliases added: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2155
If you use the dedicated IP option, you must uninstall it and reinstall it after the inversion you are going to perform: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2139
Replace the domain name linked to the site
- Connect to your Infomaniak space (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Web hosting
- Click on the hosting / domain name concerned
- Under Sites at the bottom right, click on the site concerned
- Under Domains at the bottom right, click on theicon to the far right of the alias which you want to become the main domain
- Select Define as the main domain
- If necessary, delete the old domain name and its variants which have become alias domains