1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Domain name: editing the DNS zone in expert mode
This guide explains how to add, modify or delete specific entries (A records, MX records, DKIM, CNAME, SRV, etc.) within a domain name DNS zone in expert mode.
This guide is for people who know how to manually edit the DNS zone of a domain name.
DNS zone: accessing expert mode
To access the advanced management of the DNS zone for a domain name managed by Infomaniak:
- Open the Manager (https://manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Domain
- If necessary, click the domain name to be changed
- Click DNS Zone in the left side menu
- Click the Expert mode tab
Important: changes to the DNS zone can take up to 48 hours.
Restoring a DNS zone
Thanks to Expert mode, you can use versioning in order to recover a previous version of your domain name DNS zone and thus restore it as it was at a particular time:
- Once in Expert mode tab (see below) click Current version to enable you to scroll through the menu containing earlier dates:
- Click the required date in order to preview the changes
- To return to the selected version, click Save to the right
Restoring is also possible for the delegated subdomains, which are accessible to the right of the versioning.