1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Linking a domain name not managed by Infomaniak with an Infomaniak hosting (possible changes to the DNS zone)
This guide explains how to link a domain name managed by a registrar other than Infomaniak to an Infomaniak hosting (Web and/or Email). It assumes that you have the ability to change the DNS zone (A record, MX record, etc.) of your domain name with your current registrar.
Link the external domain to your Web Hosting
To link your Infomaniak web hosting with your existing domain name:
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Web Hosting
- Click on the hosting/domain name in question
- In the gray box, below the product expiration date, click on More Information
- At the bottom of the page that pops up, under Server, note the IPv4 address (e.g.: xx.xx.xx.xxx)
- Enter the IPv4 address previously noted under the A Record for your registrar
This setting can take up to 48 hours to take effect, and your web hosting should then be linked to your domain name. If the domain is destined to be an alias of your principal site,you must add the alias to your site: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1946
Link the external domain to your Mail Hosting
To link your Infomaniak Email hosting to your existing domain name, enter the following settings with your domain name registrar:
- MX Record: IN MX mta-gw.infomaniak.ch
- TXT Record: IN TXT v=spf1 include:spf.infomaniak.ch ?all
These settings can take up to 48 hours to take effect.