1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Quickstart guide: web hosting
Thank you for entrusting your the hosting of your website to us.
Remember, a web hosting is a storage space available on a computer, also referred to as a "server", connected to the Internet and managed by a web host, in this case Infomaniak.
This storage space, available to professionals and private individuals, serves to install website or other types of tool (CRM, extranet, intranet, etc.) which must be accessible via Internet.
This guide will enable you to quickly use the basic functions of your new product, your web hosting solution, which can host several websites.
Where to start?
- Create a WordPress website
- Install a web application (ownCloud, Joomla, Typo3, Drupal, phpBB, Simple Machines Forum, Magento, Prestashop, …)
- Manage your FTP account/users
- Manage and publish files on your hosting via our FTP Manager
- Manage your MySQL databases
- Add a site or a sub-domain to your hosting (multisite/multidomain)
- Link another domain name to an existing web site (domain alias)
- Preview your site even if your domain name does not yet point to the Infomaniak servers
And the domain name?
To be visible to the public online, a web hosting solution must be associated with a domain name!
Your domain name is not managed by Infomaniak? Or it is in a different customer account from your web hosting solution?
Then follow this guide to configure the DNS or the A records in order to link the domain name to your web hosting solution.