1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
How to add a synonym domain (alias) to a domain name
This guide explains how to add a synonym domain (or an alias) to a domain name. A synonym domain (or a domain alias) is a domain name that can be used as a secondary name for another domain.
For a domain name to be added as a synonym domain (alias):
- the domain name or tha management of its area needs to be reserved with infomaniak
- the domain name must not be related to a product and and must be configured with our DNS
(to find your DNS: admin2.infomaniak.com > Domain name > your-domain.com > DNS Servers)
To add a synonym domain to a domain name:
- open the Infomaniak Admin Console: https://admin2.infomaniak.com/
- go to Domain name
- click the domain where you wish to add the synonym domain
- under the Synonym domains section at the bottom of the page, click Link a domain name or click Order/transfer a domain name if required
The synonym domain will automatically retrieve the main domain name records (A, MX, … record) (including the Web/Email host).
For more details:
- how to dissociate a synonym domain (alias): https://www.infomaniak.ch/fr/support/faq/1998