1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Migration: not keeping the current contents of your Web hosting
This guide explains how to migrate your hosting for our current plan. By following this procedure, all the contents of your hosting will deleted and you can create a brand new website using My WordPress Site or one of our 120 Web applications.
1. Starting the migration process
- starting the migration process: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/1983/migrating-an-old-hosting-onto-the-new-deal
- do not tick the Recover files and databases box
- hit Next
2. Creating a new site
It is very easy to create a website with WordPress or install one of our 120 web applications.
- Creating a website with WordPress (recommended): https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/1931/my-wordpress-site-installing-a-new-wordpress-site
- Installing a web application (Joomla, Drupal, ownCloud, etc.): https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/1977/installing-a-web-app-joomla-drupal-prestashop-owncloud-etc
If your domain is not managed by Infomaniak or it is in a different client account to that of the site in question:
change the alignment (A records) to specify the new IP address of your site (aide).