1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Enabling double authentication / two-step validation
Double authentication (or two-step validation) protects your account and your personal details using the password of your choice and a second method of verifying your identtity, like a code obtained on your smartphone, for example. If a malicious person managed to decrypt or steal your password, they would still need to have a validation code which only the legitimate user can get on their smartphone.
To use double authentication:
- you must have a compatible smartphone or mobile device:
iOS (iPhone, iPad, …), Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10
- you don't have to be connected to the internet to get a validation code on your smartphone
To enable double authentication
- open the next page: https://manager.infomaniak.com/v3/profile/double-authentication (My profile>Security>Two-step validation)
- click on Enable
- choose the authentication method (using an Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10 application, by SMS, using a USB security key)
- follow the information displayed on the screen to end the procedure (Note the security code carefully)
Steps to follow to synchronise the WorkSpace contacts and calendars
If you are synchronising WorkSpace contacts and calendars with a mobile device or messaging software, follow these steps to generate a new password which is specific to this application:
- open the following page: https://manager.infomaniak.com/v3/profile/application-password (My profile>Security>Application password)
- click on Generate a password
- use the specific password to configure the synchronisation of the contacts and calendars in your email software and/or your mobile device
Note: you can generate several specific passwords (for example 1 for contacts and 1 for calendars) or to use the same one to synchronise both services.