1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Enabling double authentication / two-step validation
Two-step validation (or double authentication) protects your account and your personal details using the password of your choice and a second method of verifying your identity, like a code obtained on your smartphone, for example. If a malicious person managed to decrypt or steal your password, they would still need to have a validation code, which only the legitimate user can receive on their smartphone.
To use double authentication:
- You must have a compatible smartphone or mobile device:
iOS (iPhone, iPad, etc.), Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10.
- You do not have to be connected to the Internet to receive a validation code on your smartphone.
Enabling two step validation
- Open the next page: manager.infomaniak.com/2fa (My profile>Security>Two-step validation).
- Click Enable.
- Choose the authentication method (we recommend Infomaniak Auth)
- Follow the information displayed on the screen to end the procedure (note the security code carefully).
Steps to follow to synchronise the WorkSpace contacts and calendars
If you are synchronising WorkSpace contacts and calendars with a mobile device or messaging software, follow these steps to generate a new password specific to this application:
- Open the following page: https://manager.infomaniak.com/v3/profile/application-password (My profile>Security>Application password).
- Click Generate a password.
- Use the specific password to configure the synchronisation of the contacts and calendars in your email software and/or your mobile device.
Note: You can generate several specific passwords (for example one for contacts and one for calendars) or to use the same one to synchronise both services.