1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Create a custom MX (for Synology NAS e.g.)
This guide explains how to create a custom MX record (in our example: mx.your-domain.here) to then use in your NAS MX configuration. An MX record cannot be declared directly in the form of an IP address of the type 178.123.456.789 for example.
Custom MX record
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Domain
- click on the domain name concerned
- click on DNS Managementthen on DNS Zone
- click the Add Entry button
- in the window that appears, choose MX as the type of record
- fill in the desired MX record (such as "mx.your-domain.here")
- point the record to the desired IP address (target)
- click the Save button
Link to this FAQ: