1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Domain name: transferring to Infomaniak (authorization code required)
The domain name is the address you enter in a browser to view a site, like infomaniak.com
It is possible to transfer a domain name from one registrar to another.
Transferring a domain name to Infomaniak
- Log in with the registrar that currently manages your domain name
- Obtain the transfer code (or authcode) for the domain to be transferred from your current registrar (read below)
- Check the duration of transfer (under FAQ by clicking on the extension concerned) - also read below
- Order the domain name to be transferred from Infomaniak
- During the transfer, be careful to keep the current DNS of the domain name
- Enter the transfer code when you are asked for it during the order
Obtaining the transfer code from your Registrar
You must ask for/obtain the transfer code from your current registrar. If the latter is in the list below, click on its name to get help:
If you have hundreds of domains to transfer (batch / bulk import), do not hesitate to contact us.
The time required to transfer a domain name is influenced by two factors:
- The conditions of the registry for the extension. For .fr for example, the Afnic defines a transfer period of 8 days.
- The conditions of the registrar that you wish to leave (e.g., OVH). The latter may oppose the transfer during the period defined by the registry. They may also automatically accept the transfer and accelerate it.
Particularities for .be and .lu
Please read this guide for .be (Belgium) and .lu (Luxembourg) domains.