1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Audio streaming: using Edcast standalone
It is possible to use the Oddsock Edcast streaming server application, Windows software formerly called Oddcast, which is available as a Winamp plugin, Foobar plugin, or as a standalone version such as the one described here.
Streaming with Edcast standalone
- Click here to download the Edcast standalone bundle with AAC+ and MP3 codecs
- Click edcast_standalone_3.1.21.exe to install the application with the default options
- Copy the files in the codec directory in the edcast_infomaniak_pack bundle to the Edcast directory installed on your computer (normally C:Program FilesEdcast)
- Open Edcast and choose the source (drop-down menu under Live Recording)
- Click the Peak Meter view
- Below this, add an encoder by clicking Add encoder
- Click the encoder added by default (Fig. 2)
- Configure this to match the Infomaniak stream (e.g., Figs. 3 and 4)
- Do not touch the last Advanced Settings tab
- Finish configuring the stream by clicking the OK button
- Restart Edcast (close and re-open it)
- Click the Connect button to start streaming