1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Install a free Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate on a site
This guide explains how to install a free Let's Encrypt SSL certificate on a website hosted by Infomaniak.
To enable installation, the domain name DNSs must be correctly configured to point to the site concerned. If a change is made at this level, some operations may not be immediately operational.
Install a free SSL certificate on a site
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Web hosting
- If necessary, click on the hosting/domain name concerned
- In the left-hand side panel, click on My Sites and then on SSL certificates
- Click on Install an SSL certificate
- Select the site on which the certificate must be installed
- Select Free SSL certificates and click on Save
- You will receive a confirmation email when the SSL certificate is installed
Once the certificate is installed, your site will be accessible in http and https. To redirect all your visitors to your secure https site automatically: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1961
If you wish to include an alias domain name recently added to your site which already had a certificate, it must be updated: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2155
For multiples sub-domains: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2096
Let's Encrypt limits installation of certificates to:
- 100 sub-domains
- 20 certificates for 7 days per registered domain
- 5 unsuccessful requests per account per host name per hour
Find out more: https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/