1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Linking an additional domain name to Service Mail
This guide explains how to have multiple names for an existing Mail Service, by adding linked domain names to it.
Email addresses (existing and future) are automatically valid with all linked domains.< /span>
The email firstname.lastname@example.org is a long email address. The synonym domain email@example.com is shorter and easier to remember.
By adding the "usef.com" domain to the "une-super-entreprise-familiale.com" Mail Service, you authorize all messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (the linked domain) to arrive among the messages already received by the address email@example.com.
Link a domain to the existing Mail Service
- Connect to your Infomaniak space (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Service Mail
- Click on the Mail Service/domain name concerned
- In the left side menu, click on Domain management, then select List of domains linked to the service
- Click on the blue button in the upper right corner:
There are two ways to add a synonym domain:
- Use the function Find an existing domain, which will offer a list of domains found on the Infomaniak account on which you are connected. This will automatically bind and update the DNS zone of the added domain.
- Use the function Add a domain name or subdomain, you will need to manually indicate the domain name or subdomain to add.
If your domain name is managed by Infomaniak, you will have to choose from the following options: Update DNS entries, Replace existing entries, Set as primary domain.
If this is not managed by Infomaniak, you will have to make the necessary changes to from your registrar or transfer domain name management to Infomaniak.
The DNS or at least the MX must be those of Infomaniak. To avoid any cut in email traffic, the MX record of the new domain name must point to Infomaniak for at least 24 or even 48 hours.
- Click Link this domain to finish.
Find out more
- To unlink a domain name from a Mail Service: https:/ /faq.infomaniak.com/1996
- To modify what comes before the at sign @ of an email address: https ://faq.infomaniak.com/2263
- To modify what comes after the at sign @ of an email address: https ://faq.infomaniak.com/1934