1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Copying the contents of a Gmail address to Infomaniak: requirements
To copy emails from a Gmail address using our import tool (IMAP Sync), it is necessary to perform these actions beforehand. This information is provided for your information only and we do not provide any additional support for Gmail.
1. Enabling IMAP
In the settings of your Gmail address, go to the Transfer and POP/IMAP tab and make sure that IMAP access is correctly enabled.
2. Disabling two-step authentication
- if you are using Google two-step authentication, follow the procedure here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1064203
3. Enabling access to less secure applications
- open this page: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
- if necessary, login with your Google account
- tick the Enable box
4. Allow your computer access to your Google account
- open this page: https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
- click on Continue
5. Copy your emails using our wizard
After performing these actions, use our wizard to copy the messages and folders from your Gmail address to your new email address: https://workspace.infomaniak.ch/syncimap
Any "labels" which are present in Gmail will be converted into folders in the WorkSpace (the same principle as when recovering email with an IMAP client like Thunderbird):