1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Adding a synonym domain to a domain name
This guide explains how to add a synonym domain to a domain name. A synonym domain is a domain name that can be used as a secondary name for another domain.
- the domain name or the management of its zone needs to be reserved with infomaniak
- the domain name must not be linked to a product and must be configured with our DNS
(to find your DNS:manager.infomaniak.com > Domain name > your-domain.com >DNS Management > DNS Servers)
Adding a synonym domain to a domain:
- open the Manager manager.infomaniak.com/
- go to Domain name
- click on the domain to which you want to add a synonym domain
- click on Synonym domainsfrom the menu on the left
- click on Add a synonym
The domain synonym will automatically restore the records (A Record, MX record, etc.) of the principle domain (including the Web/Mail hosting).
Find out more
- dissociating a synonym domain name
- adding an alias (domain) to a website
- adding an alias (domain) to an email address
- Difference between a synonym domain and an alias domain name
- Understanding how a domain name works