1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Difference between the user names for WorkSpace, Manager and email accounts
The username and password used to log in to the Manager (admin console for your products) and WorkSpace online email interface to use one or more email addresses) are not necessarily the same as those used for an email account hosted by Infomaniak.
In short, you have:
- 1 username (in the form of an email address) and 1 password to access
- 1 password for each email account hosted by Infomaniak
- Changing an Infomaniak / WorkSpace password: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2193
- Changing an email account password: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2017
- Testing the password for an email account
These can be identical or not, as you choose. And if you change one, this will not change the other one.
For example, it is possible to log in to the WorkSpace or the Manager with an email address not managed by Infomaniak (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Similarly, the password used to log in to the WorkSpace or the Manager could be "pAssW8ox3C", while the password for your Infomaniak email address is "h6Kcy34rT".