1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Adding an alias (domain) to a website
An alias is a second domain name linked to an existing site.
For example, for the site "example.com" to also be reachable with"www.example.com", you must add this as an alias to the domain "example.com". In this example, "example.com" is the parent site of the alias "www.example.com"
Generally, the alias "www" is already added and present but the procedure will be useful to you anyway when you want to make a second domain name point to your site.
Adding an alias to an existing site:
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com/)
- go to Hosting
- click on the hosting/ domain name in question
- under Sites, click on the little arrow next to the Add Sitebutton
- on the drop-down menu, hit Add aliases
- enter the alias domain name to be added
- if necessary, choose the parent site of the alias domain
- If the alias or its DNS zone is managed by Infomaniak, it is possible to automatically update the DNS entries. If not, make the necessary changes through your registrar or transfer the management of the domain name to Infomaniak: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1814
- click on Save to finish the procedure
It could take up to 48 hrs. for the alias to point to the parent site.