1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Adding an alias (domain) to a website
An alias is a second domain name linked to an existing site.
For example, for the site "example.com" also is reachable with"www.example.com", you must add this as an alias to the domain "example.com". In this example, "example.com" it is the parent site of the alias "www.example.com"
Generally, the alias "www" is already added and present but the procedure will be useful to you anyway when you want point a second domain name to your site.
If the domain name (that will become the alias) or its DNS zone is not managed by Infomaniak, this is OK. Otherwise:
- the A Record (register A) of the domain name must point to Infomaniak (help)
- to simplify, you can entrust us with the management of your domain name
Adding an alias to an existing site:
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com/)
- go to Web Hosting
- click on the hosting/ domain name in question
- under Sites, in the lower right, click on the site concerned
- under Domains on the lower right, click on Add
- enter the alias domain name(s) to be added (one per line)
- if the alias or its DNS zone is managed by Infomaniak, it is possible to automatically update the DNS entries. If not, make the necessary changes through your registrar or transfer the management of the domain name to Infomaniak: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1814
- click on Confirm to finish the procedure
It could take up to 48 hrs. for the alias to point to the parent site.