1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Infomaniak Mail: add a signature to emails
This guide explains how to add a signature to messages sent from Infomaniak Mail, our complete online solution for reading and managing your emails.
Add a signature to your emails
- Open Infomaniak Mail (mail.infomaniak.com)
- Click the icon in the top right
- Select the Email Addresses tab
- Under Actions on my address, click on the Signatures icon
- The default signature is displayed, but you can also add a new signature, give it a name, set it as default, etc.
- Create the content of the signature in the box provided for this purpose
- Select the location to insert your signature: before the message (= header) or after the message (= signature)
- Click the Save button
- The signature appears automatically when a new message is created with the email address selected in step 3. If there are multiple signatures, you'll need to select the one you want to use from the dropdown menu under "From:" when you are writing your message.
- Enter a full name (allows you to identify which sender+signature you are writing from when you are in a compose window in Infomaniak Mail). This will replace the full name given in the General tab (help)
- Enter the email address to be used to send from this "identity" that you are creating (useful if you want to work with an alias email address)
- Enter the email address to be used when your contact replies to your email
If you do not always want to use the configured default signature, set up an empty signature as the default signature.
Send an automatic reply message
The signature is not added to automatic reply messages; you must define a signature in the automatic reply message.
More than one associated addresses?
A signature is linked to the email address that you use in your Infomaniak Mail (unlike a calendar or address book, which are linked to your Infomaniak Mail account). Therefore, you can set different signatures for the email addresses associated with your Infomaniak Mail account. If you have multiple Infomaniak Mail accounts for the same email address, they will all have the same signature.
Format the signature
You can use an image, edit the HTML code and format your text using a tool palette. To avoid an overly large carriage return, hit SHIFT-ENTER on your keyboard, which is the equivalent of a <BR> in HTML, instead of a new paragraph.
Find out more
- Infomaniak Mail / Webmail: quickstart guide
- Infomaniak Mail: send emails from another address
- Filter incoming emails