1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Swiss Backup: Backing up a Synology NAS with Hyper Backup and OpenStack Swift
This guide explains how to back up a Synology NAS with Hyper Backup and Swiss Backup, the Swiss backup solution of Infomaniak. To back up your Synology with Cloud Sync and OpenStack Swift. Please follow this guide: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2277.
1. Creation of the backup space
It is first necessary to create a backup space before you are able to configure your NAS backup.
2. Configuration of Hyper Backup with Swiss Backup
- Log in to the administration interface of your Synology NAS (DSM).
- If necessary, install the Hyper Backup app from the Packets centre.
- Open the Hyper Backup app.
- If necessary, click the + to add a new Cloud provider.
- Cloud providers: choose OpenStack Swift in the supplier list.
- Settings for the backup destination::
- Choose the 3.0 version for the version of the identity service.
- Fill in the other fields with the information received by email when creating the backup space (identity service terminal, user name, password, tenant/project and domain).
- For the Tenant/Project and Domain fields, choose name instead of the ID via the selection field.
- Choose the default location (allow the choice proposed by default).
- Choose the container name (this is the domain name specified in the email received).
- Choose the volumes and applications to back up:
- Define the frequency of the backup:
Important: If you enable encryption, carefully store the encryption key! Otherwise, you will not be able to use your backup as needed.
- Backup rotation enables you to avoid overloading your backup space by limiting the maximum number of backups to keep: