1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Site not showing, unable to reach hosting
This guide can help you identify and fix most 404 or blank page errors when you type your site's address into the browser's address bar.
At your level, we invite you to:
- check internet connection: visit a site like https://www.ch.ch or https://www.microsoft.com. If these addresses are not visible via your browser then you must contact your Internet service provider because the problem is with your Internet connection.
- empty the cache of your Internet browser in order to refresh the page which does not seem to want to be displayed and then perhaps it will become visible. Find out more
- check if your site is visible to other people. To do this, ask acquaintances outside your network to test access to your site on the Internet or use the following site: https ://downforeveryoneorjustme.com. It will tell you in English if the site is down (out of service) only for you, or for everyone.
- use a proxy to connect to your site from another location on our planet
- check that it is not the domain name that has expired. Be careful to make the difference between the domain name and the hosting because these two entities are most often distinct from each other. In summary, you can have fully functional hosting with Infomaniak (to make sure, connect to your Manager) and a domain name that has expired (for non-payment of invoice, for example). Check the status of your domain name by doing a whois and contact the registrar of your name if necessary domain.
- consult the configuration file of your script/CMS if you have one in order to check the connection information (name and address of the database - username and password). Find out more
If a problem persists...
You must contact us in writing with the following information:
- name of the site we host
- your IP address at the time of the tests (visible here https://www.infomaniak.com/ip)