1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Modifying the target or the folder of a website
This guide explains how to modify the target or the directory in which a site is stored in an Infomaniak Web hosting.
What is the target of a website?
On an Infomaniak Web hosting, you can install several websites with their own domain names (multisite management). Each of these sites is stored in a directory of your hosting, which is the site's target. You can freely modify the target of a site.
- the site your-domain.com has as a default target the directory /web
- you publish a site in a new /web sub-directory entitled for example /web/v2
- modifying the target /web of the site your-domain.com using /web/v2, the site your-domain.com will show the /web/v2 folder content without obviously including this pathway in the internet browser address bar and while still accessing potential files still located in /web
Modifying the target of a website
- open the admin console (https://login.infomaniak.com)
- go to Hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name in question
- under Sites, click on the site in question
- under Target directory, choose the new site target
- By holding the mouse over a folder, you can create another folder directly
- Several sites in the same hosting can direct to the same target