1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Infomaniak limits regarding incoming emails
E-mails are received and kept on the server without limits on size or time.
- "Deleted messages" and
folders are emptied automatically after 15 days.
- The number of folders which can be displayed in WorkSPace is limited to 500 (unlimited in messaging software such as Thunderbird)
- Every e-mail address set up must be checked at least once every 12 months (via POP, IMAP, WorkSpace) to prevent it from being deleted.
- If an email address A is redirected to another address B which is checked and inbox A keeps a copy of the messages which are forwarded, then inbox A is deleted after 12 months.
- After 11 months of inactivity, a warning message will be sent to the contract owners.
- 30 days later, if there has been no response from them, the address in question will be removed.
- Email addresses which are redirected to another address without a copy being stored of the redirected messages are not affected. For example: if an email address A is redirected to another address B which is checked and a copy of the messages transferred are not saved in inbox A, inbox A will not be deleted after 12 months.
- We do not recommend keeping more than 4000-5000 messages per folder (it slows down the indexing of the messages). Therefore, please consider moving your messages into sub-folders, which makes it easier to read them. You can do this manually or set automatic sorting rules. https://faq.infomaniak.com/1729
Limits on the sending of emails
Consult this guide: https://faq.infomaniak.com/21
Link to this FAQ: