1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
CGIWrap is a gateway program that allows general users to use CGI scripts and HTML forms without compromising the security of the HTTP server. Find out more
- Cloud Server: supported (execution memory limited to 128 Mb)
- Shared Hosting: supported (execution memory limited to 256 Mb)
We use version 4 of CGIWrap modified by us in-house.
"Internal Server Error" / "CGIWrap Error: Script Execution Failed"
If you encounter this error, please verify the following points:
1. CGI must start with Content-Type followed by two CRLFs (or at least two LFs) before displaying the content. This can be obtained by sending a "print" Content-Type: text/html followed by a second empty "print" or by using the sequence backslash r and backslash n two times.
2. The script must have execution rights, must belong to an administrator for the hosting, and must be transferred in ASCII mode (not binary)
3. For the CGI Python or Perl to be recognized, they must be saved in unix format (LF - backslash n), and not in MS-Dos format (CRLF backslash r followed by backslash n or CR backslash r).
Here is an example in Perl:
#!/usr/bin/perl print "Content-type: text/htmlrnrn";print "Hello World";
4. The unblocking messages sent on stderr which are found in error_log on a normal httpd installation are merged with stdout. If they appear in the headers (before the double n), httpd will send a 5xx error to the client and the cause can be quite variable