1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Support for various emailing protocols
We support the following protocols & standards for our email servers:
- POP3 (port 110/tcp) — default port for receiving messages via POP3
- POP3s (port 995/tcp) — secured port for receiving messages via POP3s
- IMAP (port 143 /tcp) — default port for receiving messages via IMAP
- IMAPs (port 993 /tcp) — secured port for receiving messages via IMAPs
- SMTP (port 25 /tcp) — default port (but restricted) for the sending of messages
- SMTP (port 587/tcp) -- alternative port for sending messages
We also support:
- TLS authentication on SMTP ports 25 and 587
- SMTP authentication (either LOGIN or PLAIN)
- STARTTLS authentication for IMAP, POP3 and SMTP
In the event you are using SSL on the SMTP, IMAP or POP ports, you must imperatively use the mail.infomaniak.ch server (incoming and outgoing) as the SSL certificate is only valid for the infomaniak.ch domain.
SMTPs isn't supported.
You can find more information about securing your email exchanges at http://openpgp.vie-privee.org/openpgp.html