1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Updating the connection information of a MySQL database with Joomla
After migrating from a Joomla site, you may need to update the connection between the MySQL database and your site.
Updating the MySQL connection of a Joomla site
It is necessary to update the following data in the configuration.php of your Joomla site:
- the database name \
- the database server
- the user name accessing the database
- the password corresponding to the user name accessing the database
the pathway for the two following directories: /tmp et /logs
You will find all this information on the new admin console: (en savoir plus) except for the pathway for temporary files and logs which you will find by following these steps:
- open the admin console (https://login.infomaniak.com)
- go toHosting
- click on the hosting/domain name concerned
- under Sites, click on the site concerned
- click on the tab Site configuration
- on the page, look for "document_root"
- in the configuration.php file, replace the old pathway (includng "www") with the new pathway:
Check the changes made
In the Joomla console, you can check the folder pathways /logs and /tmp:
- for the folder /logs: go under System / Configuration then System
- for the folder/tmp: go under System / Configuration then Server