1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Limit to the number of simultaneous connections by IP on Web pages
30 simultaneous connections per IP address
On Web pages, the number of simultaneous connections per IP address is limited to 30, and images are not limited.
The purpose of this limit is twofold:
- limiting the programs attempting to perform mass downloads of the content of Web sites
- blocking Internet browsers and plugins that are used to exceed current connection limits (between 5 and 10).
"503 Service temporarily unavailable, the server is temporarily unable to process your request due to maintenance work or capacity problems. Please try again later" occur.
Two main causes explain this type of error:
- excessive use of server resources
- more than 30 simultaneous connections from the same IP address
To fix this error:
- verify the scripts that make multiple connections to the server to display data
- limit the number of simultaneous connections (especially on a Cloud Server where the limits - RAM, execution time, simultaneous connections - may be increased significantly)
- increase the default limits for the site concerned: https://faq.infomaniak.com/174
- If your visitors are complaining about site lagging, see if they have installed software to accelerate downloads on the client end. The Fasterfox plugin for the Firefox browser, for example, can cause this type of error.
Find out more
- Simultaneous MySQL connection limits
- Changing the limits of a site (memory limit, max_execution_time)