1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Swiss Backup: backing up a PC / VM / Server (Windows) with Acronis
This guide explains how to back up a computer running Windows with Swiss Backup, the Swiss backup solution from Infomaniak. You can also follow these instructions if you have installed Windows in a virtual machine with VMware, Virtuozzo or Microsoft Hyper-V.
1. Adding a "Windows/macOS workstation" type device
It is first necessary to add a device for Windows before being able to configure the backup. If you have installed Windows in a virtual machine, it is necessary to add a Virtual Machine type device.
2. Configuring the backup for Windows with Acronis
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Swiss Backup
- click on the backup space concerned
- click on the space in question on the dashboard
- log in to the Acronis dashboard using the information under the Login Information heading:
- URL to access the Acronis dashboard
- Email address and user name
- Password (if reset, it will be emailed to the user configured when the device was added)
- download and install the Acronis app for Windows from the Acronis dashboard
- open the app and customize the backup preferences