1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Alternatives to the "Discussion List tool"
This guide presents two alternatives to the Discussion List tool.
Sending information by email
To send information by email to a large number of people, we have designed a new newsletter tool that is more powerful and simple to use. You can easily migrate your contacts/subscribers:
- Exporting your contacts from your discussion lists: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2166
- Importing your contacts in the newsletter tool: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2165
Check out the newsletter tool: https://www.infomaniak.com/fr/outils-professionnels/outil-de-newsletter
Creating a discussion list with redirects
To communicate by email with a large number of people, you can use an email address with redirects to all the desired contacts. This way, you will keep the same advantages of a discussion list, where all recipients can easily interact with one another.
To create redirects:
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Mail Hosting
- click on the domain name concerned
- under Email addresses, click on the email address concerned
- click on the Redirects tab
- enable the Redirect option
- enter the desired contact email addresses (separate the addresses with a comma)
- save the changes
When a message is sent to this email address, all the contacts entered on the Redirects tab will receive it. If one of the recipients replies to the message, all of the other contacts will receive the reply. To authorise only certain people to interact with the group, you can previously add email addresses beforehand to theblacklist and enable the option to not transmit messages considered spam.